Saturday, November 11, 2017

Got rid of #1036 - table is read only using phpmyadmin

Today when one of my acquittance asked me that he is unable to access mysql on his wamp server I asked him to show me his system. Initially I thought that the problem is in his php script. I check the script but nothing was wrong.
Then I decided to check the query. The query was also looking fine. I was suspecting that the problem might be related to incorrect syntax so I decided to print the query generated by php and run it direct on mysql server (it was insert statement).

When I fired query on mysql server it displayed "#1036 - table is read only wamp" I suspected the user credentials. but I was logged in as root. So how come I was having read only permission. after thorough checking I found that my database was using MRG_MyISAM as storage Engine. May be he did not paid attention while creating the database. So the solution to the problem is as follows. 
  1. login to phpmyadim
  2. select the table (you will have to apply this on each table)
  3. click on operations tab
  4. locate storage engine under table options
  5. click on dropdown and select InnoDB.
  6. Click "GO" button to apply this settings
Now I was able to insert the data into the table and finally got rid of #1036 - table is read only

2 comments:

Setup MAMP (Mac Apache MySQL/MySQL DB PHP) on Mac OS Sonoma on Macbook (Silicon Chip)

Introduction Apple MacBook has gained popularity among developers in recent past. Many young developers are switching to Mac from Windows an...